This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Medical Office Coordinator today with Women's Health Alliance.
Women's Health Alliance, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Medical Office Coordinator. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Medical Office Coordinator
Seeking a Medical Office Coordinator for our practice who provides administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Performs select administrative duties.
· Assists front office and clerical staff in developing and implementing short and long-term work plans and objectives.
· Oversees the process to prepare patients for examination and treatment.
· Screens telephone calls for referral to physicians.
· Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
· Assists with scheduling of tests and treatment.
· Identifies, analyzes, and resolves work problems.
· May assist in the hiring and development of the clerical and clinical staff.
· Ensures office and clinical supply inventory is current, mail is opened and processed, offices are opened and closed according to established procedures.
· Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of patient charge entry into the billing system.
· Assists front office staff with ensuring point-of-service collections are made when applicable.
· Ensures that patients are treated courteously by the office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
· Replenishes office supplies when necessary.
· Works with other administrative staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality patient care is provided.
· Assists in maintaining patient files, records and other information.
· Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
· Ensures any patient complaints are handled appropriately.
· Participates in professional development activities.
· Maintains strict confidentiality.
· Conducts staff meetings regularly
· Perform other duties as required.
· Graduate from a recognized training facility for medical assistants and course-work in health care office management are preferred
· One year of medical office experience is required
· RMA, CMA or LPN certificate is beneficial CPR Certification is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
· Knowledge of clinic office procedures.
· Ability to use computer systems and applications.
· Familiarity with medical practices terminology.
· Ability to use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure to answer correspondence and prepare reports.
· Ability to plan, organize, delegate and supervise.
· Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
· Ability to operate office equipment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients, clinical and administrative staff, and the public.
· Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and policies and procedures.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Office Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.