Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Pre Admission Testing Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Pre Admission Testing Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
As a Pre-Admission Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for the management of the preadmission process for the patients scheduled for elective surgery and endoscopic procedure, radiology procedure, and other medical procedures ordered by qualified medical staff. The nurse assesses, plans and implements appropriate preoperative teaching and care.
* You will assess, plan, and implement age appropriate preoperative Patient/Family teaching and care needs.
* You will manage the patient's surgical admission process, including receive and initiate physician orders, coordinate diagnostic testing, and communicating pertinent patient scheduling information to nursing personnel, physicians, anesthesiologist and other are team members as appropriate.
* Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in medical-surgical unit, post anesthesia unit, and/or surgery or same day surgery experience.
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification – preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Pre Admission Testing Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.