Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Rapides Regional Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse Endoscopy to join our healthcare family.
Rapides Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Rapides Regional Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse Endoscopy opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Endoscopy nurse is responsible and accountable for the delivery and documentation of patient care during the intra-operative period. Only registered nurses are assigned to circulating duties for Endoscopic procedures performed in Endoscopy department and those procedures performed in the operating room, qualified by relevant education, training, experience, and documented competence. This registered nurse is responsible for planning and directing the nursing care of patients who undergo endoscopic procedures and other invasive procedures when receiving anesthesia. The assignments are made based on the acuity of the patient and the training and experience of the RN circulator. A second circulator is provided when in the judgment of the unit director, the case acuity indicates the need (i.e., when conscious sedation is performed by the RN or other significant circumstances warrant).
What you will do in this role:
- Utilizes supplies and materials in a cost effective manner.
- Monitors levels of inventory in accordance with established desired quantities.
- Provides quality patient care as outlined in the “Perioperative Standards of Practice” and the department’s policies and procedures.
- Interprets and monitors compliance of established standards, policies, and procedures for endoscopic technicians and other unlicensed perioperative personnel as applicable.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Attends and participates in departmental staff meetings.
- Maintains a safe environment by adherence to safety principles.
- Participates in departmental fire and disaster drills.
- Monitors temperature and humidity levels in the Endoscopic and Surgical Services Department daily and as needed.
- Complies with infection control guidelines.
- Assists in the identification of patient related potential problem areas for referral for quality review.
- Monitors established quality review indicators for compliance.
- Participates as assigned in the department QA/QI and CQI subcommittees.
- Through assessment of the patient’s physical, nutritional, psychosocial, spiritual, emotional, cultural, educational, and rehabilitative needs, problems are identified and documented in the clinical record and communicated to the physician, case manager, and ancillary departments when appropriate
- Appropriate standards of care, care plans, and interventions are initiated, professionally modified, and communicated to the patient and other members of the healthcare team
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the following age groups: pediatric, children, adolescent, adult, geriatric
- Provides patient/family health education that promotes healthy behaviors, supports recovery, and enables the patient/family to be involved in decisions about their own care
- The patient’s responses to interventions and progress toward desired outcomes are assessed, re-assessed, evaluated, and documented in the clinical record
- Patient care activities are coordinated through collaboration and planning with other members of the healthcare team
- Physicians’ orders are carried out accurately and efficiently, and clarified when necessary
- Adverse or sudden changes in the patient’s conditions are promptly communicated to the physician, charge nurse, nursing supervisor, and/or family with specific and pertinent data
- Able to identify potential or actual victims of abuse and understands the proper reporting mechanism
- Able to recognize adverse drug reactions and demonstrates understanding of proper reporting mechanism once reaction is identified
- Appropriately assesses the patient’s pain and involves the patient in effective management of that pain using appropriate interventions
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for administration of blood and blood products and appropriately monitors the patient receiving blood/blood products for any transfusion reaction; takes proper measures once a reaction is recognized
- Patient care equipment is utilized safely and efficiently in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Standard precautions are promoted and followed in the utilization of principles of infection control in patient care
- Achieves stated goals related to job performance
- Educational attendance records reveal attendance at all required educational programs/in-services
- Able to anticipate opportunities to provide excellent customer service by consistently practicing positive customer service behaviors, being proactive in service recovery, and serving as a liaison between patients, families, physicians and other members of the health care team
- Able to develop and maintain a professional relationship with each staff member by demonstrating effective communication to promote teamwork, establishing goals on the unit in relation to patient care and staff development, and creating an environment conducive to the delivery of quality patient care as evidenced by an open and cooperative work environment
- Models commitment to the organization by cultivating an environment of trust, serving as a resource to peers, and displaying appropriate behavior that positively influences the morale of the unit
- Exhibits professional appearance by adhering to the Dress Code policy
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or CPR for Healthcare Providers must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse, or Registered Nurse Diploma
- At least 1 year experience as a Registered Nurse, preferred
- Shift: Days, rotating weekends
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Rapides Regional Medical Center is a 350+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana. We offer services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care. Our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties. At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital. This culture impacts the well-being of patients and their families. It also impacts your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. Learn what our commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Endoscopy opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.