Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Lead Mammography Technologist? At Oviedo Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Oviedo Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Lead Mammography Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- The Mammography Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the activities of Mammography under the supervision of the Manager of the Breast Center and the Director of Diagnostic Imaging. Ensures equipment repairs and organizes the staffing and work progress within the Mammography Department.
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of radiographic physics
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients
- Ability to examine images for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during Mammography procedures
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce images of desired anatomy
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of Mammography equipment
- Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date
- Ability to determine proper and protocols to achieve optimum diagnostic images with high degree of efficiency
What qualifications you will need:
- ARRT (R) (M) required
- Florida State License in Radiology Technologist required
- Associate Degree in Radiological Technology required
- 5 years of Radiology Technologist experience required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Oviedo Medical Center is a 64-bed acute care hospital. We serve east Seminole County and surrounding communities. We offer a full range of healthcare services. Our services include surgical inpatient units and intensive care. We deliver 24/7 emergency care. Our hospital offers medical cardiology and telemetry. We provide inpatient and outpatient surgery, and women’s services including labor and delivery. Our hospital offers comprehensive diagnostic imaging. We also offer cardiopulmonary services and cardiac catheterization. We are committed to providing patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Lead Mammography Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.