Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Heart Hospital of Austin our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Cardiac Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse PRN to join our healthcare family.
Heart Hospital of Austin, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Heart Hospital of Austin, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Cardiac Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse PRN opportunity.
As a PCU Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise plan by the patient’s response to treatment.
* Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team Leader, and Physician.
* Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
* Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per policy.
* Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
* Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 1-3 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Able to recognize cardiac rhythms – preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – required within 90 days of hire
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced Executive Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as well. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Cardiac Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.