Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Vascular Technologist? At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Vascular Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary of the Vascular Technologist
Provides health care services, applying sound energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Perform ultrasonic imaging and related procedures in all areas of ultrasound. Demonstrates anatomy for interpretation and /or intervention by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedure. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
Qualifications of the Vascular Technologist
- Required: A single two-year allied health education program that is patient-care related (Allied health occupations include, but are not limited to, diagnostic medical sonographer, radiologic technologist, respiratory therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist and registered nurse.) OR Graduate of a program accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), United States Department of Education (USDOE) or Canadian Medical Association (CMA) that specifically conducts programmatic accreditation for diagnostic medical sonography, diagnostic cardiac sonography, or vascular technology. (Currently (as of 12/2013) the only organizations that offer programmatic accreditation under the aforementioned associations are the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Canadian Medical Association (CMA))
- Preferred: Associates Degree or higher in related technological field.
- Preferred: One year of previous experience as an Ultrasound Technologist.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) by the Association of Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is a 150+ bed acute-care facility located north of Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features the only hybrid operating room in the county, a 24-hour emergency department with a Level II trauma center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David’s Round Rock. Patients may also receive care related to rehabilitation services, women’s services, cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics, and more when visiting this facility.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Vascular Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.