Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN PACU PRN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital!
As a Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) RN, you will provide post-anesthesia nursing care to the patient in the immediate post-anesthesia period and transitioning the patient to Phase II recovery. You will be responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the PACU department.
What you will do in this role:
· You will provide prompt assessment of patient upon return from OR and/or diagnostic procedure and document findings.
· You will provide safe nursing care and safe environment for patients and families.
· You will transcribe and implement physician orders and document all patient related information.
· You will administer medication and IV fluids accurately and safely within nursing guidelines.
· You will update/revise plan of care as needed, based on continued assessment of patient. This includes providing care for patient discharge to nursing unit, including transport.
· You will effectively respond and perform in emergency and use critical thinking skills to perceive potential problem situations and intervene to offset adverse effects.
What qualifications you will need:
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Nursing is strongly preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Orange Park Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1974, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With nearly 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 300+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. Located in the heart of Orange Park, we provide medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities. We are the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike, specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines.
At Orange Park Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN PACU PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.