Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a New Grad RN on our Intermediate Care Unit? At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated New Grad RN Intermediate Care Unit like you to be a part of our team.
The HCA Healthcare Nurse Residency Program is a year-long program designed to give you hands-on experience to help establish valuable clinical and critical thinking skills. As a RN you will be surrounded by a supportive community of nurse educators, experienced nurses, and fellow residents that promote learning, clinical application, and socialization, shepherding you through the transition from student nurse to registered nurse.
The Nurse Residency Program at Terre Haute Regional Hospital provides you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. This paid program will assist you with the transition out of the classroom setting through a formalized series of learning experiences, including:
· Advanced clinical training in a specialty area.
· Monthly educational sessions.
· Preceptorship training with a facility preceptor.
· Measurement and evaluation of skills through hands-on simulations.
· Mentoring from experienced nurse leaders.
· Working collaboratively on an evidence-based practice project.
The RN Resident coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty. In collaboration with medical providers and other members of the care team, the RN Resident provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care using established nursing models such as “Assess, Perform, Teach, and Manage.” The RN Resident serves as an advocate for patients, families and caregivers to support an unparalleled patient experience.
What will you do in this role:
· Assess patient condition during admission and during each shift as scheduled, identifying and reporting any changes in patient status.
· Perform procedures, monitoring, or other functions as ordered by the medical provider(s). Document the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
· Perform the administration of prescribed medications. Monitor patient for therapeutic response. Notify provider and intervene as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
· Perform exceptional care by responding promptly to patient requests. Strive to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
· Teach patients, families and caregivers about patient medical condition, patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects, and follow-up measures. Translates complex medical terminology to ensure complete understanding.
What qualifications you will need:
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) obtained within 30 days of employment
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) obtained within 1 year of employment
· Other Certifications maybe required during employment
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
· Registered Nurse License or Graduate Nurse in the State
· No previous experience needed
· Some travel maybe needed for training
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Terre Haute Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is a leading acute care facilities in Indiana. Terre Haute is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Joint Commission. We have provided quality care to the Wabash Valley community for 135 years. Services include the region’s only Level-II trauma center, cardiovascular services--including open-heart surgery and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion; labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; an inpatient behavioral health unit; and other specialized inpatient areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, people and our community. We are committed to each other. When we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our New Grad RN Intermediate Care Unit opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.