Do you have the career opportunities as a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Summerville Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Summerville Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Summerville Medical Center!
As a Registered Nurse in Labor & Delivery, you are responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and unit outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
· You will demonstrate proficiency in assessment, treatment, and care for laboring moms and for newborns
· You will work in collaboration with other members of the health care team to protect, promote and optimize health and ability, prevent illness and injury, alleviate suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocate in the care of individuals and families
· You will exhibit the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patient/s
· You will contribute to the practice of nursing through participation in Shared Governance, attendance at unit meetings, completion of surveys, sharing of ideas through informal and formal channels of communication
· You will consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services
What qualifications you may need:
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
Summerville Medical Centeris a 120+ bed hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women’s service, including “home-like” birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries.
Summerville Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released byHealthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city of Summerville is where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with a modern and progressive atmosphere. Summerville, SC is rich in history with a focus on economic development that preserves the past while building for the future. Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children can grow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the beaches, our world-class sports venues and superior schools make Summerville truly a special place to work, live and play.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Labor and Delivery Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.