Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a nurse that you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Centerpoint Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Centerpoint Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) PRN RN Cardiovascular Observation Prep Recovery where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Cardiovascular Observation nurses are experts at providing compassionate care for patients pre, interim, and post procedure. These nurses prepare and recover patients for a wide variety of procedures
About this unit:
• 12 bed prep and recovery unit utilized by cardiovascular labs, interventional radiology, and other procedural areas
• Beside procedures within the unit include transesophageal echocardiograms and cardioversions.
• Great learning environment – the variety of patients and procedures keep your skills sharp.
• Good team work – each team member is critical and valued.
• Great schedule! Monday – Friday, 12 hour shifts from 6am-6pm, no weekends or holidays.
• Under the general direction of the director and manager, the RN provides patient care for patients pre, post and sometimes interim procedures.
• Administers medications, including moderate sedation, assess patient, coordinate care of patient, and educate patient and family post procedure.
• Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the peri-procedural environment.
• Participates in departmental performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Graduate from a school of nursing.
• Current RN License or Multistate RN License from a participating compact state required.
• BLS certification required. • ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire date.
• Minimum of one year of experience in ICU, ER, PCU or telemetry required.
• Previous cardiovascular lab, perioperative, or procedural area experience preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Centerpoint Medical Center is a 285+ bed hospital featuring state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our hospital offers some of the latest clinical services available to patients. We remain focused on providing compassionate care and top-notch customer service for our patients. We offer many features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, and wireless internet access. We are a Level II Trauma Center with 24/7 emergency services and an accredited Chest Pain Center. Our Orthopedic Services include Total Joints and Sports Medicine. We are an accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center. We provide Women’s Services, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and a Stroke Center. Our Outpatient Services include a Surgery Center, Advanced Wound Care Center, Pain Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Imaging, and Rehab. We are part of HCA Midwest Health, a network of hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our PRN RN Cardiovascular Observation Prep Recovery opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.