Registered Nurse First Assistant
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as an RN First Assistant? At TriStar Summit Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
**$20,000 Sign On Bonus for qualifying candidates with at least 1 year of experience - 2 year commitment required.**
TriStar Summit Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
· Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
· Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
· Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
· Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
· Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
· 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
· Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
· Colleague recognition program
· Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the TriStar Summit Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Certified Surgical First Assistant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Surgical Service teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. We offer a vast array of robotic surgical technology including gynecology, general, thoracic, urology, spine and joint replacement. Services offered at Summit include Gynecology, urology, neurology, spine, orthopedics, general, ENT, plastics and vascular. As a Surgical First Assistant you will work directly with the surgeon in the operating room. You may scrub and assist the physician during procedures. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity.
Your responsibilities and tasks may include:
· Communicating the surgeon’s preferences and specific patient needs to surgical team
· Positioning the patient to provide the necessary exposure for the procedure, as well as the surgeon preference
· Providing intraoperative skills such as visualization, trocar insertion, hemostasis, tissue handling, placement and securing of wound drains
· Having knowledge of and using all open, laparoscopic, and robotic equipment necessary for a procedure
· Proficiency in technical skills required during a surgical procedure, including, but not limited to: clamping, cauterizing, suturing, inserting, manipulating, retracting, cutting, and ligating tissue as necessary
· Utilizing appropriate suturing techniques, according to surgeon preference, to close the incision at the end of the procedure
· Providing postoperative skills in patient care such as applying dressings to surgical wounds, patient transfer and transport, transfer of care, and monitoring for immediate complications
· Collaborating with others to provide continuity of care
Summit Medical Center has a weekday dedicated call team Monday through Friday!
Shifts available are 10- or 12-hour days with weekend call coverage on a rotation. Backup weekday call coverage for dedicated call once every other week.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Surgical First Assistant like you to be a part of our team.
What qualifications you will need:
· Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
· Certification as a First Assistant
· High School Diploma/GED required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Summit is a 218-bed comprehensive facility with a full spectrum of services, including cardiology, emergency, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and women’s services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center, TriStar Summit specializes in emergency heart and stroke care. There are more than 300 board-certified physicians representing over 36 specialties on staff, many of whom have offices located on TriStar Summit's campus.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Certified Surgical First Assistant opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.