Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Del Sol Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Progressive Care Clinical Coordinator and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Del Sol Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Progressive Care Clinical Coordinator opening and continue to learn!
Under the general supervision of the unit Director or designee, the Clinical Coordinator assumes responsibility for the direction and coordination of all functions in the unit, in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the Clinical Coordinator is
responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit. The clinical coordinator also collaborates with the Director regarding budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement. The Clinical Coordinator assists the Director in providing nursing leadership to the unit and overseeing the clinical operations of the unit.
What you will do in this role:
1. Coordinate staffing and scheduling of personnel in the department.
2. Will manage and fulfill day-to-day operations.
3. Is instrumental in overseeing orientation all new staff members.
4. Shares “call” with the 5 North Director.
5. Offers education to the 5 North staff as needed.
6. Serve as a professional role model.
7. Augments staffing level on an as needed basis.
8. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
9. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
10. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
11. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
12. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
13. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
14. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
15. Clinical Role Model – Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of
individual members of the nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided for
the unit, in collaboration with the Director. Leadership – Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in
leadership, supervision, and management of staff. Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the absence of the Director.
16. Administrative – Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost
effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit. Plays an active role in scheduling and ensuring the needs are met for the unit in terms of staffing.
17. Other duties as assigned.
BSN or MSN
REQUIRED: (Certifications must be kept current)
RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
Two years clinical experience in Medical-Surgical nursing
One year of management experience§ Acute Care experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Progressive Care Clinical Coordinator opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.