Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Transporter PRN opening with Trident Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Transporter PRN for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
The Transporter efficiently and effectively transports patients, patient belongings, prosthetics and equipment to required appropriate locations within the facility following standard safety, hospital and department policies. The Transporter is a highly visible role in the hospital therefore you must always greet and offer assistance to customers throughout your work day.
What you will do in this role:
· You will assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
· You will transport patients safely in wheelchair, stretcher or ambulating facing forward, side rails up and at a safe pace.
· You will utilize appropriate positioning aides/devices to provide safety and comfort to the patient.
· You will be responsible for the transporting of items with the patient or separately such as oxygen or IV stands.
· You will maintain therapeutic communication with patient.
· You will assist in departmental cleaning and maintenance of supplies.
· You will assist in the movement of medical equipment within the facility.
· You will transport specimen, lab and pharmacy items, and equipment.
What qualifications you may need:
· A High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Prior Healthcare and/or Customer Service experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Health is a 445-bed HCA Healthcare hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals — Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center — and three freestanding emergency departments — Brighton Park Emergency, Moncks Corner Medical Center and Centre Pointe Emergency.
We provide care to nearly 375,000 South Carolina Low country residents each year. Every day Trident Health's more than 2,600 employees, more than 500 physicians and more than 130 volunteers are dedicated to fulfilling our mission.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Transporter PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.