Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) CT Technologist? At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated CT Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary of the CT Technologist
The CT Tech will coordinate services and activities specific to the Imaging area (CT and Radiology). Monitors all technical clerical functions, which include efficient patient throughput and effective utilization of equipment and human resources, based upon patient load. The CT Tech is responsible for performing CT scans and taking radiographs according to the standards and practices set forth by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Performs Computed Tomography procedures to demonstrate cross-sectional anatomical images for interpretation by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. Ensures the staff is trained, competent and in-serviced regularly. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary of medical ethics.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the CT Technologist
- Perform prescribed CT - Computed Tomographic procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the use of CT scan equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Document, on film or in writing, information seen during exam.
- Relay to physicians any relevant patient information.
- Apply principles of radiation safety to minimize risk to patient, self and others
- Participate in rotating call schedule.
- Performs other department related duties as needed.
- Participates in formal training programs and in-services.
Qualifications of the CT Technologist
- Graduate of an educational program in radiology accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or graduate of an American Medical Association approved program in Radiologic Technology or a military training program of equivalent standards.
- Preferred: Associates Degree or higher in Radiologic Technology.
- One to two years of previous experience performing CT - Computed Tomography procedures is preferred but not required.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Licensed by Texas Department of State Health Services as a Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Registered Radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT)
- Post- primary CT registry required within 6 months of CT assignment. If hired prior to 4/13/12 and been performing x-rays since 1987 AND was grandfathered in by the state of Texas, only CMRT required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
David’s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with
more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s Women’s
Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services
offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and
neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one
of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.
David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two
local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our CT Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.