Do you have the career opportunities as a Radiation Therapist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Research Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Radiation Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Radiation Therapist functions as an integral member of the radiation oncology team. The Radiation Therapist is responsible for accurately delivering the prescribed course of treatment to each patient and closely monitoring and reporting any discrepancies in the patient set up. Join us and become part of a team committed to providing compassionate, efficient, quality, patient-focused healthcare at all times.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of treatment, assessment, and implementation of the prescribed treatment plan.
- Displays professional conduct essential to the well-being of the radiation oncology patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for the patient population of the department.
- Recognizes changes in the patient's status/condition and reports to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and electronic communication skills in order to maintain an accurate Electronic Medical Record.
- Utilizes treatment accessories to accurately reproduce the radiation treatment.
- Expertise in the technical aspects of radiation oncology to include simulation and treatment processes to ensure optimal radiation treatment delivery.
- Ensures that all QA procedures are complete and within tolerances before proceeding with patient treatment as outlined in department policies and procedures (any abnormalities/inconsistencies should be reported to the proper authority).
- Works closely with the Radiation Oncologist and therapy team to construct immobilization devices or custom blocking techniques that are conducive to conformal radiation therapy.
- Utilizes sophisticated imaging equipment for precise tumor localization.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, clinical oncology, radiobiology, radiation physics, and radiation safety.
- Has working knowledge of radiation safety principles and practices as defined by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Practices within the Department’s policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with the radiation oncology team to develop an efficient and positive work environment that promotes exceptional patient care.
- Supports departmental goals.
- Must maintain a current ARRT certification, licensure, and complete any additional training required.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Associate Degree Required; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Graduate from an accredited Radiation Therapy program and certified by the ARRT in Radiation within 6 months of employment.
- 3 years or more of experience preferred
- ARRT certification in radiation therapy
- BLS certified upon hire
- Missouri: Current licensure in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); Must also obtain Kansas State licensure within six months of hire, for eligibility to float to all MidAmerica division Cancer Centers as needed.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Research Medical Center is a 585+ bed hospital. Our hospital offers an array of medical and health clinic services. This includes women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room, and a trauma center. We offer a Stroke Center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics across three Kansas City locations. Our specialty care areas include a Chest Pain Center, Level I Trauma Center, Breast Care Center, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Programs, and Primary Stroke Center. We are one of 10 HCA Midwest Health hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas
Research Psychiatric Center is a 95+ bed facility. We offer acute inpatient, day treatment, and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. We treat adolescents, adults, and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and licensed professional counselors. We are committed to delivering our patients skilled compassionate care regardless of age or circumstance.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiation Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.