Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Nurse Manager Med Surg Ortho? At Medical City Frisco, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Medical City Frisco, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Nurse Manager Med Surg Ortho like you to be a part of our team.
The Nurse Manager manages a defined patient care area to provide a climate optimal for the provision of individualized goal directed nursing care that supports the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The Nurse Manager is expected to provide an environment where nurses practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices. The Nurse Manager is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for and supports the nursing staff’s primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family or community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel, payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships
· Organize and supervise human and material resources
· Performs position in line with Employee Satisfaction, Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Continuous Performance Improvement, and/or Community Involvement
· Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols
· Demonstrates expertise in selecting and managing unit based staff
· Demonstrates commitment to customer focused care, star service and service recovery
· Reviews budget and assumes responsibility for maintaining operating expenses at target levels
· Participates in and encourages staff participation in performance improvement as an educational experience and a tool for continual improvement of quality of care and nursing sensitive indicators
· Promotes involvement of self and staff in health promotion/educational community activities, community involvement, lifelong learning and nursing research
· Participates in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and through attendance at staff meetings and town halls
· Actively participates in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities
· Creates department specific initiatives and process improvement
· Integrates collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team
· Delivers patient care and/or department service in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes
· Develops and implements a plan for assuring delivery of individual goal directed nursing care through the use of the nursing process
· Provides care in an evidenced-based environment
· Practices autonomously, consistent with practice standards and research based policies/procedures
· Exercises independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care
· Delegates tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised
· Develops and implements a plan for care and delivery with patient safety as the primary goal
· Maintains positive interpersonal relationships and self-conduct to contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility
· Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered
· Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly; uses this information to improve patient safety
· Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting significant medical errors or unanticipated outcomes in the patient’s care which results in patient harm
· Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan/Patient Safety Plan
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) required
· MSN degree preferred
· Minimum of 5 years management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, supervisory positions, and physician relations preferred
· Current RN licensure by the State of Texas or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence required
· Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS provider required
· National Specialty Certification encouraged
Medical City Frisco is a 60+ bed acute care hospital. We are a Medical City Plano facility. We offer a range of services including adult and pediatric surgery and orthopedics. We offer robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, imaging and emergency services. The specialists at our hospital are ready to care for women at every stage of life. We treat a range of conditions affecting women, including fertility problems and women's cancers. We offer luxury childbirth options and a Level II NICU. Medical City Frisco is a “green” facility. We are silver LEED certified for environmental and energy efficiency. Our facility is designed to provide a modern, beautiful, and exceptional healthcare experience. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Nurse Manager Med Surg Ortho opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.