DescriptionThis position is incentive eligible.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Contract Director, Food and Nutrition? At HealthTrust, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HealthTrust, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Contract Director, Food and Nutrition like you to be a part of our team.
The HealthTrust GPO Sourcing organization is responsible for a contract portfolio totaling $48 billion in volume. HealthTrust is responsible for negotiating contracts on behalf of a 1,600 acute care hospitals (approximately 1/3 of the entire US acute care market and 5 of the largest healthcare systems), 44,500 non-acute sites and a significant customer base of private equity firms, and other commercial companies including multinational corporations.
Sourcing Process and Member Alignment
Strategy Development, Validation and Risk Mitigation
A key step in the sourcing process is strategy development. Individual must identify potential risks, challenges, and opportunities of the category. In addition, they must understand member needs/requirements. Individual is responsible for developing the contracting strategy that will mitigate risks, address member needs, and maximize the best outcome. Given the magnitude of the HealthTrust membership, the strategy must take into account a very diverse and complex mix of member organizations (for profit, not for profit, acute, non-acute, non-healthcare, etc.)
Individual must formulate a clear vision of the strategy, be able to articulate the vision, and execute the steps necessary to achieve the strategy. Strategies typically contemplate a variety of complex considerations. The individual must be adept at reading situations, people/parties and adapting strategies or negotiations as necessary throughout the sourcing process. In addition to presenting to boards (as mentioned previously), this individual must be able to work closely with individual member stakeholders (clinicians, supply chain, physicians or other executives) to align the customer with the strategy.
Ability to independently plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories. Must maintain and keep accurate the contracting work plan and contracting details in the Contract Lifecycle Management system.
Category and Supplier Knowledge
- organizational structure
- key contacts
- product / service offering and market share position
- historical performance (customer service, quality, etc.)
- where products are manufactured, assembled, raw materials/API and other supply chain information of supplier
- future product pipelines
- interpret of SEC filings, annual reports, or analyst reports
- product features and benefits
- product comparisons between supplier offerings
- operational impact to provider
- future product pipe-line and impact on market
- interpretation of current and new FDA 510k filings
- understanding of cost drivers (direct and indirect)
- raw materials that impact products and interpret raw material indices
- new supplier or product entrants to market that could change category dynamics
- reimbursement dynamics
Contract Terms and Conditions
HealthTrust rigorously negotiates very thorough contract terms and conditions. While support is provided by legal, it is the expectation that the majority of contract terms are the direct responsibility of the negotiator.
Key terms include but are not limited to firm pricing, termination rights, indemnification, market competitive pricing, failure to supply remedies, liabilities, confidentiality, supplier performance obligations, information security, and intellectual property rights.
Supplier and Customer Relationship Management
- Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
- Build strong relationships with senior level supplier contacts.
- Build strong customer relationships through frequent interaction (all levels, including executive).
- Support the promotion and utilization of the Food and Nutrition contract portfolio across the membership.
- Representing HealthTrust at small-to-medium sized industry events, or other organizational projects with Suppliers and Customers.
- facilitate conversations with internal functional team during project kick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment of resource needs to meet contracting initiative timelines.
- communication of bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms, financial proposal concerns and other matters with supplier and internal team.
- engaging customers through one-on-one conversations (with account team) to articulate business strategy and resolve customer specific issues/concerns with contracting strategy or outcome.
- interfacing with key supply chain executives and end-users in a live environment presenting and/or gaining commitment (advisory boards and supply chain board).
Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcing process:
- with legal staff on development and finalization of contract
- with financial analysts on assessing supplier proposals
- with board leads on meeting with advisory boards
- with contract analysts on product/price loading of awarded agreements
- with portfolio specialists and communications on contract launch/implementation
- with account management in their customer-facing duties related to the portfolio
Financial & Operational Goals
Meet/exceed financial & operational goals in the annual contracting plan.
Policies & Procedures
Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct.
Executive Disposition, Change Management, Leadership and Execution
HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA Healthcare’s strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Contract Director Food and Nutrition opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.