Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Memorial Health University Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Registered Nurse in the OR and access programs to assist with every stage of your career. Currently offering up to $20,000 in a Sign On Bonus! Apply today to learn more details!!
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN OR opening and continue to learn!
The Operating Room Registered Nurse will provide professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality health care. The Operating Room Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with the surgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
· You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
· You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
· You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
· You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
· You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
· You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
· You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient’s genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
· You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
What qualifications you will need:
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Perioperative Nursing is strongly preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Health University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN OR opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.