Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Recreational Therapist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Health University Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Recreational Therapist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are seeking a Recreational Therapist / Activity Therapist for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. Serving an important role in the care team, the Recreational/Activity Therapist will complete activity assessments, organize therapeutic activities and track patient progress.
What you will do in this role:
· You will provide activities for patients admitted to the program which include following program group schedule and provide set holiday activities on provided dates.
· You will attend set treatment team meetings and progress reviews as evidence by signature on treatment planning update forms.
· You will conduct individual activity assessments on each patient within given timeframes.
· You will provide a written summary of initial assessment, evaluation, treatment and progress as evidenced by initial assessment forms completed in the medical record and documentation in the progress notes.
· You will conduct individual, group, and family sessions for patients as indicated in the patient treatment plan.
· You will facilitate identified support groups to meet the needs of patients/families as indicated by medical record.
· You may make necessary contacts with community resources to ensure continuity of patient care.
· You will provide education and information about the inpatient unit to patients and families.
· You will provide resources and support for patients before, during and after treatment.
What qualifications you will need:
· Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Music Therapy, Art Therapy, or a related field
· You must possess appropriate certification, registration, and/or license in your designated degree field per national and state practice requirements
· Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Credential (CTRS) is highly preferred
· 1-2 years in therapeutic activities within a psychiatric setting is preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Health University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Recreational Therapist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dated November 4, 2021, and company policy, this role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations, or to have applied for a medical or religious exemption (including booster for California).
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.