This position is incentive eligible.
Last year alone, HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours impacting our communities. As a Trauma Program Director with TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center, you can be a manager in an organization that is devoted to giving!
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a Trauma Program Director. We care for our communities and employees! HCA Hope Fund in fourteen years reached a historic milestone: $50 million in help to our colleagues in need. Last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Trauma Director is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a cost-effective system of care for trauma patients and their families throughout the continuum of care. This position reports to the COO.
What you will do in this role:
- In this role, you will coordinate with physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to evaluate and address specific patient care issues.
- You will provide and document trauma nursing care to include all components of the nursing process in accordance with written clinical and administrative procedures.
- You will assess the needs for policies, procedures, protocols, supplies and equipment relating to the care of trauma patients in coordination with the Trauma Medical Director, hospital administration and clinicians to ensure maintenance of Level II Trauma certification.
- You will assist the Trauma Medical Director in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a quality and process improvement plan that is multidisciplinary and focused on patient outcomes.
- Your role serves as the coordinator of the identification, investigation, reporting and follow-up of incidents and quality issues throughout the program. Works with the Trauma Registrar to maintain Trauma Resigtry.
- You will develop policies and procedures based on current literature, input from clinicians and other sources, including information from patient care evaluations.
- Your role collaborates with the Trauma Medical Director to establish trauma program goals and objectives consistent with those of the hospital and ensure that those of the trauma service are being met.
- You will consistently demonstrate positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, hospital personnel, and patients/family in order to achieve maximum operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- You will serve as internal resource for staff in all departments to network in order to provide high-quality trauma patient care.
- You will participate in the development of trauma care systems at the community, state, and/or national levels.
- You will act as an extended liaison for Emergency Medical Service agencies and the community.
- You will create awareness of Trauma Program within the communities Hendersonville Medical Center Serves.
- You will provide education to community regarding prevention of accidents, use of helmets, life safety, fire protection, inclement weather awareness.
- You will serve as a liaison for Hendersonville’s Trauma Program to the community-at-large.
- Your role represent the Trauma Program on various hospital and community committees to enhance and foster optimal trauma care management.
- You will manage, as appropriate, the operational, personnel and financial aspects of the Trauma Program.
- You will supervise adherence to hospital policies and procedures and standards through observation, medical record review, staff feedback, and other appropriate sources.
- Your role supervises Trauma Services staff, including the Trauma Registrar.
- You will supervise the collecting, coding, scoring, and development of processes for validation of data entered into the registry.
- Your role designs the registry to facilitate performance improvement activities, trend reports, and reports, while protecting confidentiality.
- You will develop, coordinate and implement orientation, nursing education and in-service programs related to care and management of trauma patients in conjunction with the Department of Education and Training.
- You will direct community trauma education and prevention programs by developing, implementing and evaluating programs for targeted populations in the city and surrounding communities related to injury prevention, as well as other topics identified through a needs assessment for the community.
- You will participate in mandatory educational activities and in educational activities appropriate to professional goals.
- You will be involved in research selection, analysis, and distribution of findings and facilitating protocol design for accurate data collection, feedback, and analysis.
What qualifications you will need:
- Registered Nurse; Valid TN Nursing license (or eligible)
- Bachelors Degree required, BSN preferred or healthcare related field.
- Three to Five Years in a Trauma setting with managerial experience required.
- TNCC Provider, ENPC
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Directly supervises the trauma services staff.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center is a 150 bed hospital that has provided high-quality health care for over 40 years. The facility is the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Sumner County and a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Birth Center at TriStar Hendersonville, featuring Sumner County’s only Level II NICU services which hosts spacious LDRP suites and a lactation boutique for inpatient and outpatient services. In addition, our facility is Gold Seal Certified in Total Hip and Total with The Joint Commission.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Become a manager with an organization that invests in your career while giving to the community. We are seeking distinguished applicants for our Trauma Program Director opening. Help HCA Healthcare create healthier tomorrows for patients and communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.