DescriptionThis position is incentive eligible.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Medicaid Eligibility Advocate today with LewisGale Medical Center.
LewisGale Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Medicaid Eligibility Advocate. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Medicaid Eligibility Advocate is responsible for conduction eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments. The Medicaid Eligibility Advocate serves as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies; and is actively involved in all areas of case management.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 11:30AM-8:00PM
In this role you will:
* Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
* Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment. Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
* Obtain legally relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination.
* Complete and file applications. Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
* Ensure all insurance, demographic and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system accurately. Document progress notes to the patient’s file and the hospital computer system.
* Participates in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
* Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office. Covers and assists with other office functions as requested.
* Will be required to make field visits as necessary and will need reliable personal transportation readily available.
* High School Diploma or GED or related experience in lieu.
* Associate’s degree preferred
* Minimum one year related experience preferred, preferably in healthcare.
* Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medicaid Eligibility Advocate opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dated November 4, 2021, and company policy, this role MAY require you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations, or to have applied for a medical or religious exemption (including booster for California). (For further clarification, please ask your recruiter.)
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.