Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Pharmacy Technician II today with HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Pharmacy Technician II. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
As the Pharmacy Technician, you will ensure the prompt and accurate delivery of medication to the patient in according with the pharmacy laws of the State of Texas and the policies and procedures of the Department of Pharmacy. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In This Role:
* You will be responsible for the preparation of products, the care of equipment, and the delivery of medications and supplies.
* You will maintain inventory of supplies, equipment, and medications in the main pharmacy and drug dispensing cabinets throughout the facility.
* You will Interact with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
* You will communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
* You will deliver IV and medications to patient care areas as scheduled and on request
* You will perform check of inventory for expired medications in accordance with established procedures
What Qualifications You Will Need:
* Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training course is required
* Registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy; Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) is required
* Texas IV Certification is required
* BLS is required
As a full-service, 420+ bed acute care hospital, HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood has provided the northeast Houston community with high-quality, cost-effective healthcare for over 25 years. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive, quality care, close to home. Our Women’s Center offers high-risk OB care, a Level III NICU, and pediatric services. We have an advanced Brain & Spine Center, which includes a DNV Comprehensive Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence. Our Orthopedic Center offers total joint replacement surgery using advanced technology. Other services include innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including open heart and vascular surgery and state-of-the-art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans. We are also a Certified Level I Stroke Center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Technician II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dated November 4, 2021, and company policy, this role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations, or to have applied for a medical or religious exemption (including booster for California).
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.