This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Nurse Extern PRN MSTICU you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Chippenham Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Chippenham Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Nurse Extern PRN MSTICU where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Recruiter to insert Job Summary and requirements here
The Nurse Extern PRN will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN), and assist the nursing staff in providing patient care. You will deliver high quality, patient-centered care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
· You will work closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
· Obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care.
· You will assist with patient mobility by regularly turning, positioning, and ambulating as well as transferring patients to and from other units/departments.
· Translate complex medical terminology to ensure patients/families/caregivers understand patient medical condition, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects and follow up measures
· Educate patients/families/caregivers on healthy diet, exercise, disease prevention and/or lifestyle changes that may be needed upon discharge and prepares for future self-management
Recruiter to check inserted requirements to ensure it included all credentials below. Then they should delete the credentials
Currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing required and can perform higher-level procedures once competency is achieved.
· Possess the ability to create and implement a personal career development plan, to be reviewed regularly by supervisor and/or preceptor
· One year of completed nursing school is preferred
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Nurse Extern PRN MSTICU opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dated November 4, 2021, and company policy, this role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations, or to have applied for a medical or religious exemption (including booster for California).
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.