This position is incentive eligible.
Managers thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a(an) Director Clinical Informatics for our Oviedo Medical Center team where excellence creates excellence.
Oviedo Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Director Clinical Informatics role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible for delivering the successful implementation of advanced clinicals. Responsible for coordinating the completion of project assessments and parameter settings and assisting with the development of education/training materials and participates in the company-wide community for CPOE, to ensure the support of advanced clinical applications.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for the implementation and support of division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to CPOE and advanced clinical applications and tools.
- Develops, executes, and supports tools and resources focused on the CPOE clinical initiative.
- Facilitates and provides project leadership of the CPOE and advanced clinical system functions implementation.
- Provides resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources.
- Identifies gaps and opportunities in departmental process mapping of current state and the future state workflows.
- Provides system and operations expertise for implementation of process & system changes.
- Provides Go-Live support (elbow support), and order workflow support.
- Participates in systems training for project team, serve as Super User for Clinicians.
- Provides specialized support for physicians during Go-Live.
- Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices in the area of CPOE
- Works with Education Specialist to design and develop base education/training materials in CPOE to support staff training and continued education
- Supports hospital initiates in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stake holder needs.
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provides leadership and representation on executive committees (Med Exec, Administration, etc), serves as communications specialist for physician stakeholders.
- Supports physicians' need to operation in multiple work environments; to ensure physician can easily access and utilize services.
- Foster positive first impression by ensuring all work areas are organized, clean and project a professional appearance.
- Promotes a professional image and acts as an ambassador inside and outside the organization. Takes ownership and demonstrates service excellence principles in all interactions with the patient, physician and others. Ensures patient's safety, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Bachelor Degree required, BSN or Master's Degree preferred from an accredited college or university
- 3-5+ years of experience in clinical applications support.
- Must demonstrate proficiently with Meditech.
- Must have working knowledge of regulatory guidelines such as Joint Commission, MQA, HIPAA & ACR.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Oviedo Medical Center is a 64-bed acute care hospital. We serve east Seminole County and surrounding communities. We offer a full range of healthcare services. Our services include surgical inpatient units and intensive care. We deliver 24/7 emergency care. Our hospital offers medical cardiology and telemetry. We provide inpatient and outpatient surgery, and women’s services including labor and delivery. Our hospital offers comprehensive diagnostic imaging. We also offer cardiopulmonary services and cardiac catheterization. We are committed to providing patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a(an) Director Clinical Informatics.Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.