Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) EVS Housekeeper Porter Tech? At Medical City Lewisville, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Medical City Lewisville, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated EVS Housekeeper Porter Tech like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Environmental Services Tech is under the direction of the Environmental Services Director and/or the Supervisor, and is responsible for Environmental cleaning and disinfecting. He/she performs a variety of routine cleaning functions as assigned, to maintain a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition throughout all areas of the hospital.
The EVS Tech is responsible for the following:
- Dust or wet mops floor and vacuum carpets. Dust and clean furniture, fixtures, windowsills, vents and related furnishings.
- Cleans and polishes mirrors, glass partitions, doors and similar interior glass surfaces. Scours, cleans or polishes water fountains, bathtubs, showers, lavatories or other fixtures and walls, counters, or other surfaces.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies of paper towels, soap and other items from storage.
- Disposes of refuse in specific containers as required (i.e. Bio-Waste) and regular trash.
- Operates mechanical equipment, such as vacuum cleaners and other carpet cleaning equipment after appropriate instructions.
- Cleans custodial equipment and storage areas. Arranges cleaning supplies, and requests needed supplies for Supervisor. -Reports broken or inoperative equipment to Supervisor.
- Collects and places soiled linens in laundry collection area.
- Constantly on the lookout for areas that are not clean and demonstrate initiative to clean them.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with a variety of individual personalities, often in a high activity environment.
- Demonstrate consistent use of safety measures associated with chemicals and equipment.
- Demonstrate his/her responsibilities for fire, emergencies, and disasters after appropriate instructions.
- Greets patients and visitors courteously and professionally.
- Participates in the departmental quality improvement process.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
What qualifications you will need:
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Lewisville is a full-service 190+ bed medical and surgical facility. We offer a broad spectrum of care to the communities of southern Denton County. We have emergency services at our main campus and at Medical City ER Flower Mound. Our patient tower has two floors dedicated to women’s services. We have a specialty obstetrics referral center for high risk OB services. We have a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Medical City Lewisville is a Level III Trauma Center and a Primary Stroke Center. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We have over 360 physicians and 800 healthcare associates. We offer a supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines. This allows us to treat our patients with the highest quality health care in a comfortable setting. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals and specialists. Our patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our EVS Housekeeper Porter Tech opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.