Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Manager Emergency Medical Svcs Paramedic? At Rio Grande Regional Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Manager Emergency Medical Svcs Paramedic like you to be a part of our team.
Establish overall EMS outreach including:
- Act as a liaison and maintain a strong, positive relationship between the hospital and area EMS providers.
- Serve as an advocate of the health system with local, regional, and state EMS agencies.
- Facilitate EMS performance improvement and quality review by working with local EMS agencies and medical directors.
- Support hospital physicians serving as medical directors.
- In cooperation with emergency department leadership, establish and maintain a process to quickly and safely receive patients from EMS agencies, allowing a short turn-around time for EMS crews (in compliance with corporate matrices).
- Promote special care capabilities of the hospital to local EMS providers.
- Conduct training courses for EMS providers as appropriate [the key word here is “appropriate”; since EMS providers are a source of referrals
- for the hospital, you need to be careful not to offer inappropriate items/services as an inducement for such referrals].
- Ensure hospital compliance with HCFA, OSHA, and other regulatory organizations concerning EMS agencies, students, equipment, and supplies.
- Assist health system with compliance and training public safety agencies concerning psychiatric patients.
- Provide reports and statistics to hospital leadership concerning EMS issues Manage EMS relationship development, implementation and management activities, including: Facilitate planning process and implementation activities with hospital leadership, Participate in budgeting process.
- Develop and grow hospital/EMS collaboration projects and business opportunities Ensure service line quality (e.g., processes, services, satisfaction) and align to facility/division and national quality standards and best demonstrated practices.
- Disaster preparedness–Assist with health system disaster planning, training, and equipment purchase; assist as liaison between hospital and public safety agencies.
- Code blue response – Assist with code blue response program to ensure timely, efficient, and appropriate treatment of cardiac arrest.
- On-campus emergencies – Assist with planning and response to on-campus emergencies (e.g. visitor emergencies).
- Hospital paramedics – Assist and coordinate the use of hospital paramedics including training, policies and procedures, and certifications.
- Marketing & Branding, Market level intelligence on competitors and consumers (EMS and other public safety agencies).
Required Minimum Education and Skills:
- More than 7 years of relevant work experience. EMS supervisory experience required.
- Certified Paramedic (National Registry and/or local).
- Bachelors preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, team facilitation and project management.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association (BLS OR BCLS, ALS OR ACLS, PALS) Course Completion and Certification. Paramedic by the Texas Department of Health required.
- ACLS Instructor/BLS Instructor/PALS Instructor from AHA provider preferred. PHTLS or BTLS preferred.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Emergency Medical Paramedic (EMP)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen, Texas has been serving the Rio Grande Valley for more than 30 years. Our full service hospital has 320+ beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing 35+ specialties. Rio Grande Regional Hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. Our Emergency Room is a Level III Trauma Center and we have extended our ER services into the Rio Grande Valley with our three remote ERs in McAllen/Mission, Edinburg, and San Juan. Our Women’s Services include L&D and a 30+ bed NICU. We also have an entire children’s hospital within our main facility to care for the children in our community. We work with the Texas Transplant Institute, which serves local patients in need of organ, tissue or stem cell transplants. Our proven track record of serving the medical needs of the Valley communities we serve has led to Rio Grande Regional Hospital being recognized for patient safety and clinical excellence time and time again.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Manager Emergency Medical Svcs Paramedic opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.