Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Centerpoint Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
Centerpoint Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Centerpoint Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse RN Evenings ER opportunity.
From heart attack to stroke to gunshot wounds, motor vehicle accidents, or just fractured bones, ER nurses see it all. ER nurses learn to quickly triage patients based on immediate observation and acute assessment skills, then to treat symptoms in order of life-threatening priority.
About this unit:
· 45 Bed Emergency Department; Level II Trauma Center, Certified Stroke and Heart Failure
· Average Daily Patients is 170 to 200 - Busy and Fast paced ER
· Strong cohesive team, that apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques in a positive environment
· The department treats all persons coming to the hospital asking for emergency care regardless of age, race, socio-economic status or ability to pay.
· It is responsible for the immediate medical screening and treatment of any medical or surgical emergency, for initiating life-saving interventions in all types of emergency situations, and for providing medical screening and emergency care for other conditions including chronic medical problems, minor injuries and illnesses.
· Major surgery, routine inpatient care, outpatient procedures, and the use of general anesthesia are not within the scope of treatment permitted in the ED.
· The role of the Registered Nurse is to perform patient care under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director.
· The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of the hospital.
· Graduation from a school of nursing required.
· Current MO RN license or Multistate RN License from a compact state required.
· BCLS required.
· ACLS within 90 days of hire date.
· TNCC or ATCN and ENPC within 1 year of hire date.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Centerpoint Medical Center is a 285+ bed hospital featuring state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our hospital offers some of the latest clinical services available to patients. We remain focused on providing compassionate care and top-notch customer service for our patients. We offer many features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, and wireless internet access. We are a Level II Trauma Center with 24/7 emergency services and an accredited Chest Pain Center. Our Orthopedic Services include Total Joints and Sports Medicine. We are an accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center. We provide Women’s Services, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and a Stroke Center. Our Outpatient Services include a Surgery Center, Advanced Wound Care Center, Pain Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Imaging, and Rehab. We are part of HCA Midwest Health, a network of hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse RN Evenings ER opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.