Registered Nurse Orthopedics
Shift: Full time - Days
Location: Medical City Dallas Hospital
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse Orthopedics you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Dallas which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Medical City Dallas, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Medical City Dallas!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on nursing process / outcomes for the Ortho Service Line.
Provider of Care:
- Determine the predictable or unpredictable health status and health needs of patients (individual and family) through interpretation of health data and preventive practice in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary health care team members
- Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient
- Formulate a nursing care plan based on determination of nursing diagnoses and identified problems
- Implement nursing care within the RN’s scope of practice, including compliance with other laws that apply to the practice setting
- Develop and implement teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of health
- Provide education, emotional support and age specific care to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others
- Provide for the care of multiple patients (individual and family) either through direct care or assignment and/or delegation of care to other members of the healthcare team
- Evaluate the patient’s (individual and family) responses and outcomes to therapeutic interventions
- Use critical thinking approach to analyze clinical data and current literature as a basis for decision making in nursing practice
Coordinator of Care:
- Make assignments to licensed staff [LVN, RN] and delegate to unlicensed staff in compliance with current BNE rules in a structured health setting for patients with predictable as well as unpredictable health needs
Member of a Profession:
- Assume accountability and responsibility for the quality, continuity, and coordination of nursing care across the care settings
- Act as patient advocate to implement and direct care to ensure patient safety in the clinical practice environment
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice
- Serve as a healthcare advocate in monitoring and promoting quality health care and services for the patients served
- Participate in activities and act as a leader in promoting best practices, department specific initiatives and process improvement
- Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice
- Support the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- If hired after 6/1/12, BSN required within 24 months of hire into RN position
- Minimum of one-year experience in acute care hospital within the last three years, required. Experience in Ortho is preferred LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Current AHA or ARC BLS provider
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The RN for Ortho completes individualized training and continuing staff development through the orientation process and competency assessment
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Dallas is recognized for its advanced medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We are an 895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over the United States and from other countries. We offer sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Joint Orthopedics opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.