This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Medical Assistant? At MSO North TX Surgical Oncology, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
MSO North TX Surgical Oncology, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Assistant like you to be a part of our team.
Seeking a Medical Assistant for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Scheduling and canceling patient appointments
· Checking-in and checking-out patients
· Entering charges and payments
· Answering the telephone
· Verifying patient insurance and demographics
· Collection of co-payments/coinsurance and personal balances 7. Performs selected administrative duties and assists nursing staff.
· May collect patient specimens.
· Takes patient histories and vital signs.
· Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
· Gives injections, and applies casts, splints, and dressings, as applicable.
· Prepares and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization. Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Must read, understand, and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement. Practices certified as Patient Center Medical Home include these additional job duties: Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provider. Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, audits and programmatic evaluation related to Patient Centered Medical Home.
One year of Medical Assisting or other direct clinical patient care experience in a healthcare setting.
· Medical Assistant Certification NCRMA certification/ABR-- required. Acceptable certifications are RMA, CCMA, CMA, NCMA, or OE credentials is acceptable OR
· Medical Assistants who recently graduated (within the last 12 months) from a Medical Assisting training program must obtain Medical Assistant certification within 60 days of employment. OR
· Candidates/incumbents with one year of Medical Assistant work experience who do not possess Medical Assistant Certification must obtain Medical Assistant Certification within one year of hire date.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Medical Assistant opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.