Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Crisis Intervention Specialist RN PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healhtcare offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Crisis Intervention Specialist RN PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are seeking a Crisis Intervention Specialist for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. Serving in role of significant impact, the Crisis Intervention Specialist will provide a variety of social work services to patients facing psychosocial and medical problems.
What you will do in this role:
· You will identify psychiatric emergencies by providing an assessment that utilizes DSM IV and DSM V criteria for mental illness.
· You will provide education and support to patients and their families as they face mental illness.
· You will identify and secure community resources that best meet the needs of the patient while providing a smooth transition from an acute care setting to an appropriate level of care.
· You will be an advocate for patients of all ages when they cannot advocate for themselves.
· You will help with direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
· You will possess a working knowledge of the DSM IV and DSM V.
· You will utilize knowledge of community systems and experience in discharge planning and placement.
What qualifications you will need:
· A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field is required
· A license in Social Work, license in Counseling, or license in related field is required
· A minimum of five years’ experience in psychiatric/psychosocial patient care is required
· Experience in crisis intervention, counseling, and psychosocial assessment is highly preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Live Oak Mental Health and Wellness Center, is a part of Trident Health. We give inpatient stabilization treatment to patients who seek treatment for acute psychiatric symptoms which cannot be addressed on an outpatient basis. Common disorders of patients treated in this program include but are not limited to: major depressive disorder, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, adjustment disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, impulse control disorder and a variety of co-morbid personality disorders. Our patient population is both adult and adolescent. We offer 24 hour availability of a full range of services. We have the capability to institute rapid lifesaving interventions. Our physician availability is 24 hours a day to institute needed modification to the treatment plan. Psychiatrist involved in the direction and management of the treatment program. Round the clock skilled nursing care implementing the treatment plan and providing monitoring and assessment of the patient’s condition and response to treatment.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Crisis Intervention Specialist RN PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dated November 4, 2021, and company policy, this role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations, or to have applied for a medical or religious exemption (including booster for California).
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.