This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Mental Health Tech you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Memorial Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Mental Health Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are seeking a Mental Health Tech to join our center who will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high-quality, efficient care. The Mental Health Tech is an integral part of a multidisciplinary patient care team. Under the direction of licensed nursing personnel and within the scope of training and hospital guidelines, you will perform a variety of technical and specialized skills that assist with addressing the treatment plan and needs of our patients.
What you will do in this role:
· You will help with data collection, identification of patient risk factors, general patient care, and documentation.
· You may observe and monitor patients deemed to be at risk to self or others.
· You will help provide care to all patients based on age specific development and cultural diversity.
· You may assist in the orientation of new employees as well as students and other trainees
· You must have effective communication skills in the English language; both orally and written.
· You will have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously including demonstrating a proficiency in computer skills to ensure quality patient care.
What Qualifications you will need:
· Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Patient Care Tech/Behavioral Health Tech certification preferred
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience in Behavioral Health is preferred
· BLS – Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
· Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training within 90 days of hire then every calendar year
No Travel Travel Required
1 years experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Mental Health Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.