This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Endo Tech PRN today with Grand Strand Medical Center.
Grand Strand Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Endo Tech PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team, the Endoscopy Technician is responsible for assisting the care team in providing quality, age specific, direct and indirect care to patients as delegated and supervised by the RN or physician in order to achieve the goals of the Operating Room. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
· You will be actively involved with the preparation of the procedure room prior to the procedure, throughout the day and the end of shift closedown of the room and redistribution of instruments, supplies, and equipment
· You will demonstrate competency in technical practice through the selection, assembly, operation, and cleaning of instrumentation, equipment, and supplies required for all assigned procedures
· You will be responsible for assisting and anticipating the needs of the physician in all procedures
· You will maintain patient advocate status throughout the procedure by properly identifying and handling specimens, as well as adhering to perioperative and hospital policies
· You will document appropriate information of all Automated Endoscope Reprocessors and autoclaves
· You will practice careful, efficient, and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen. You will assist in restocking of necessary supplies and checking for out dated items as required
What qualifications you may need:
· High School Graduate/Equivalent is required
· Graduate of a School of Surgical Technology with successful completion of certification exam, or Certificate of completion of the SGNA GI Technical Specialist Program is preferred
· Previous Endoscopy or Surgical experience is preferred
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Grand Strand Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1978, giving patient's access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 40 years of pioneering healthcare, our 300+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients - including the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program, pediatric intensive care unit, Level I trauma center with two free-standing emergency departments, advanced wound care center, breast cancer center and Carolina Forest Imaging Center. We are recognized, for the chest pain, knee and hip replacement, sepsis and stroke by the Joint Commission.
At Grand Strand Health, you'll find that caring extends to our patients, our people and our South Carolina community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Endo Tech PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.