This job posting is no longer active.
This position is incentive eligible.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lone Peak Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare as the VP of Quality.
Lone Peak Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Lone Peak Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Vice President, Quality promotes high quality, patient-centered care by overseeing aspects of the Quality Management/Patient Safety Program(s) and Performance Improvement programs across complex organizations (multi-site campus, service lines). The Vice President ensures the facilitation and utilization of diverse strategies and communication for quality and performance improvement, providing an integrated framework for monitoring, evaluating, and improving quality of care. The Vice President promotes performance improvement to drive care excellence and oversees the hospital regulatory and accreditation program.
- Collaborates with all stakeholders to drive care excellence across a complex organization. Leads in strategy development for performance improvement through system thinking and safety science application across multiple service lines and care settings.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and objectives. Reviews and updates the Quality Improvement Plan regularly. Develops, implements, and reviews goals, objectives, and priorities to ensure alignment with hospital strategic plans and compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and standards.
- Collaborates with facility leadership in establishment of operational performance measurements and targets, as well as the monitoring of trends in key performance indicators to evaluate effectiveness, reliability, and efficiency.
- Leads and oversees the quality department with responsibility for care excellence, disease specific care, risk management, patient safety, and other aspects of performance improvement across the facility. Effectively manages members of the quality department team.
- Develops and monitors the department budget.
- Performs regular analysis of facility quality and risk performance data and makes applicable recommendations for process, system, procedure, and operational changes to improve healthcare value and quality.
- Ensures effective execution of all activities concerning the achievement of continuous regulatory and survey readiness. Ensures strategic and operational implementation of regulatory requirements, guidelines, and standards of federal, state, and local licensing agencies, accrediting and certifying organizations.
- Maintains oversight of Quality and PI software and reporting systems to meet internal and external reporting requirements and surveys. Assists with selection and installation of software applications.
- Monitors completeness, accuracy, and validity of quality files on medical staff and advance practice professionals.
- Participates as an active member of peer review committees; analyzes cases and outcome data and collaborates with physicians to promote and improve practice and optimal patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with division and corporate entities and external parties to ensure strategic quality and patient safety initiatives are fully executed at the facility level. Facilitates effective communication with facility and division leadership regarding key clinical performance improvement activities and initiatives.
- Serves as a technical advisor, educator and internal consultant to all hospital management, staff, and physicians on the use of performance improvement tools and techniques, analytical techniques, and statistical applications.
- Ensures the selection, retention and assignment of qualified competent staff to meet organizational needs. Ensures management of department productivity and work prioritization.
- Coordinates with stakeholders and oversees the development of orientation and ongoing education to staff regarding quality and patient safety initiatives; promotes competency, compliance, and performance improvement.
- Coordinates with the Patient Safety Director for event analysis, FMEA development, proactive safety activities to support development of a culture of transparency and safety science. Ensures participation of hospital team members, medical staff, senior leaders, and GME programs, as applicable.
- Coordinates with the Patient Safety Director for event analysis, FMEA development, proactive safety activities to support development of a culture of transparency and safety science.
- Ensures participation of hospital team members, medical staff, senior leaders, and GME programs, as applicable.
- Directs and leads activities of the Quality Committee of the Board in collaboration with facility leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing required, MSN nursing or related field preferred.
- State of Utah Registered Nurse license required; compact license accepted.
- Minimum 3 years data analysis in a healthcare setting required.
- Minimum 4 years progressive experience required in healthcare quality management, including individuals and teams, and Joint Commission review and accreditation processes.
- Current Certified Professional Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or obtain within six months of employment required.
- Current Certified Healthcare Quality Management (CHCQM) on hire or within three years of employment.
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) preferred but not required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Lone Peak Hospitalis a32 plus bed hospitalon theLone Peak Medical Campus, which has been built to meet healthcare needs of people in our community. Riding a substantial population jump of 70% over the last 20 years, our community and its residents are ready for ourinpatient services that include obstetric care and surgery services. We have earned an “A” rating inHospital Safety Grades(Leapfrog Group 2019) and5-Star rating for Spinal Fusion Surgery(Healthgrades 2018-2019).
Lone Peak Hospital is located in the thriving modern-day community ofDraper, UTthat sits on the south end of Salt Lake Valley that includes pristine cycling, hiking and horseback trails; and close proximity to year-round, outdoor recreational activities like skiing, backpacking, hang gliding, rock climbing, wildlife viewing and fly fishing.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Lone Peak Hospital are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Director of Quality Risk Management opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.