2 Weekends Per Month Minimum & Holiday Rotation
Other Locations As Needed
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Clinical Rehab Specialist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join North Texas Division Office which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
North Texas Division Office, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Clinical Rehab Specialist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
This position acts as a coordinator between internal and external referral sources, and acute inpatient rehab operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payors, and other referral sources. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with both hospital Case Management and the Rehab Medical Director.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist works closely with hospital case management to ensure a responsive and smooth flowing referral and admission process for the inpatient acute rehab program.
What You Will Do In This Role
- You will follow approved company policy and procedures. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist utilizes appropriate patient information sources as well as direct communications with other members of the patient’s care team to identify those patients who may need acute inpatient rehabilitation services prior to returning home. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will review these patients daily until they have strong clinical evidence to request a physician order for a formal pre-admission assessment for acute inpatient rehab through their assigned case manager.
- You will assist and coordinate the in-take and pre-admission screening process. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist accurately documents evidence of the patient’s compliance with the established rehabilitation admission criteria on the Pre-Admissions Screening form in a timely and legible manner. Updates to the Pre-Admission Screening form are completed within 48 hours prior to admission to the acute inpatient rehab program. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist then provides this information to the Rehab Medical Director and responds to any question or request for additional information the Rehab Medical Director might require to make an appropriate admission decision. Admission decisions are communicated to referral source within 2 hours.
- You will perform on-site and off-site review of patients in designated facilities to assist Case Management in identifying patients that could clinically benefit from rehab services.
- You will perform on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient for admission.
- You will provide information related to inpatient rehab and program features to Case Management to share with patients and family members. May provide directly to patient and family after a patient has selected HCA as rehabilitation provider.
- You will communicate to patients, the expectations and requirements for participation, upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each patient and family a tour of the rehab unit (or coordinates tour if unable to provide personally).
- You will secure information relating to patient’s resources and benefits.
- You will demonstrate clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria, leading to appropriate identification of qualified rehab patients.
- You will advise referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria.
- You will establish and maintain effective working relationships with all referral sources.
- You will complete face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and other professionals. Serves as educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- You will participate in market analysis, data analysis and development and implementation of business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach tools.
- You will manage time proficiently. Prioritizes meeting commitments to referral sources. Develops a call-plan to prioritize utilization of time.
- You will assist in developing the annual strategic plan for the Rehab Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach program and raise community awareness of services available.
- You will ensure referral sources receive appropriate and timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital programs.
- You will develop back up system to handle calls when he/she is unavailable.
- You will develop system that ensures calls are appropriately handled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What Qualifications You Will Need
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty; required
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience; required
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient; preferred
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation; preferred
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist or Registered Respiratory Therapist or Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT / RCP); required
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer; required
- BCLS certification; preferred
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current certification; preferred
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position; preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Healthcare strives to deliver excellence. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. We provide the highest quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Medical City Healthcare is one of the North Texas region’s largest and most comprehensive healthcare providers. We have 16 hospitals, 5,000 physicians and more than 17,000 employees in Dallas-Fort Worth. Medical City Healthcare is the only healthcare system in North Texas with an adult and children’s hospital on the same campus. We are a part of HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare includes 185 hospitals in the United States and England. Medical City Healthcare has six hospitals that are Magnet® recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Recognition Program®. We have been recognized by Texas Monthly as a Best Companies to Work for in Texas. HCA Healthcare has been named to LinkedIn’s 2021 Top Companies list of 50 best workplaces to grow your career.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Rehab Specialist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status