Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) EVS Technician? At Las Palmas Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated EVS Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, cleans and maintains assigned areas in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition. Ensures that these activities are performed and in accordance with local codes and legislation, JCAHO guidelines and requirements, and facility policies and procedures.
- 1. Sets up carts with all supplies and equipment according to specifications.
- 2. Changes curtains, and cubicle curtains as assigned.
- 3. Cleans stairwells, elevators, and baseboards.
- 4. Cleans water fountains.
- 5. Cleans restrooms and replenishes essentials.
- 6. Cleans working equipment.
- 7. Collects and disposes of trash. Also picks up trash and debris from hospital garage, grounds, and parking areas as assigned.
- 8. Damp-wipes furniture and fixtures with germicidal solution.
- 9. Dust mops floors.
- 10. High-dusts vents, cabinets, and other furnishings.
- 11. Locks doors after completion of work.
- 12. Prepares chemicals and germicidal solutions according to formula and label instructions.
- 13. Moves equipment and furniture for relocation of offices, asking for assistance when needed.
- 14. Moves equipment and furniture for cleaning and rearrangement, asking for assistance when needed.
- 15. Operates electric floor/carpet machines and various types of sweepers.
- 16. Picks up necessary supplies. Scrubs, strips, and polishes floors with electric floor machine.
- 17. Shampoos furniture, carpets, and rugs.
- 18. Spray-buffs floors with floor machine.
- 19. Strips and refinishes floors.
- 20. Takes soiled mops to central linen room in plastic bags.
- 21. Washes walls, windows, and furniture.
- 22. Washes I.V. stands and wheelchairs.
- 23. Wet-mops floors with germicidal solution.
- 24. Wears protective clothing in Surgery, Isolation or other areas as necessary.
- 25. Observes all safety standards and uses safety work techniques at all times.
- 26. Attends all training sessions and meetings as scheduled.
- 27. Instructs and trains employees in the use of new equipment and cleaning methods.
- 28. Performs individually or as a member of groups assigned tasks during emergencies, such as fires, snow removal or disasters.
- 29. Consistently is on time and ready to work at start shift; does not take advantage of sick time or personal days. Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences.
- 30. Performs additional duties as may be necessary to fulfill the hospital’s obligations.
- 31. Always appears well groomed and observes the hospital dress code.
- 32. Responds to requests from patients, physicians and visitors in a courteous and efficient manner, always demonstrates positive interpersonal skills.
- 33. Promotes positive customer service with internal and external customers. Uses AIDET when entering patient rooms.
- 34. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- One-year experience in a general housekeeping environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of methods, materials and techniques related to the requirements for effective cleaning, sanitation, and maintaining the aesthetic condition of the assigned facility.
- Knowledge of work-related occupational hazards and proper safety precautions.
- Ability to work rapidly and efficiently under emergency situations.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision, within probationary period.
- Ability to communicate with hospital staff in English preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish a Plus.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region’s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women’s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our EVS Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.