Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Pharmacist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rapides Regional Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Rapides Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Pharmacist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Staff Pharmacists dispense and monitor all patient drug therapy used within Rapides Regional Medical Center in accordance with the legal, ethical, and professional standards of pharmacy practices. Staff Pharmacists provide pharmaceutical care to Adult, Geriatric, Pediatric, and Neonatal patients. Staff Pharmacists supervise and direct supportive personnel.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret drug orders (verbal and written) and transcribe to computerized patient medication profiles accurately. Maintain accurate, complete pharmacy patient medication profiles.
- Compound and dispense pharmaceuticals, including sterile products, chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition products accurately.
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug dose.
- Provide pharmacokinetics consult services and drug dosing per hospital protocols.
- Accurately prepare and dispense controlled medication. Maintain all appropriate records and computer inventory. Follow policy procedure for controlled substances.
- Participate in maintaining adequate inventory levels. Obtain medication based on PAR levels and in conjunction with formulary initiatives. Work with DOP or designee as needed in inventory management incentives.
- Participate in maintaining department formulary initiatives. Communicate with appropriate medical, nursing, and allied health professional staff members with regard to non-formulary decisions. Work with DOP or designees as needed in formulary clinical review process.
- Able to recognize adverse drug reactions and demonstrate understanding of proper reporting mechanism once reaction is identified.
- Supervise and direct pharmacy support personnel. Verify the daily activities of pharmacy technicians. Participate in performance appraisal of pharmacy support personnel.
- Work independently with minimal to no supervision. Organize and prioritize work assignments. Ensure pharmacy services are provided in a timely manner.
- Keep pharmacy area and equipment clean, neat, and well organized.
- Complete all competency/skills assessment requirements.
- Able to modify job duties and communicate with customers in an age appropriate manner.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelors Degree
- Pharmacist, or State License Pharmacy Intern
No Travel Travel Required
No experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Rapides Regional Medical Center is a 350+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana. We offer services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care. Our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties. At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital. This culture impacts the well-being of patients and their families. It also impacts your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. Learn what our commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.