This job posting is no longer active.
Hourly Wage Estimate: $36.80 - $55.20 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered
for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
RN Case Manager
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN Case Manager Part Time to join our healthcare family.
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Case Manager Part Time opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The RN CM is responsible for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management and developing a safe appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. The RN CM facilitates the progression and transition of care using established criteria and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team. The RN CM will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
What you will do in this role:
- Provides case management services for both inpatient and observation patients as assigned
- Identifies patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family
- Reassesses the patient’s clinical condition as indicated. Considers patient’s readmission status or risk of readmission and develops strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community based resources.
- Coordinates the plan of care and drives the discharge plan by collaborating with the multidisciplinary health care team and in particular with the patient's physician to facilitate a successful care transition
- In partnership with Social Services, the RN CM is responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate
- The RN CM is responsible for timely referral to Social Services when risk factors for psychosocial determinants of health are identified
- Involves patient, family/responsible/significant others in identifying and clarifying needs and expectations to develop mutual and realistic goals
- Evaluates progression of care using evidence-based tools and approved criteria (InterQual) throughout the episode of care; escalates progression and transition of care issues through the established chain of command
- Makes appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states
- Facilitates patient throughput with an ongoing focus on an effective care transition, quality and efficiency
- Documents professional recommendations, discharge plan, care coordination interventions, and case management activities to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team
- Align patient’s needs with available resources to ensure a safe discharge / transition
- Acts as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians, patient / family, hospital staff, and outside agencies
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered
- Directs activities to identify and provide for the needs of the under-resourced patient population to include patient education activities, patient assistance programs, and community-based resources
- Participates in performance improvement activities including, but not limited to, identifying, documenting and intervening when avoidable days occur
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established chain of command timely
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives
- Serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients’ ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned
What qualifications you will need:
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate Registered Nurse license.
- Certification in case management, nursing, or utilization review preferred.
- BLS required within one month of hire (must be obtained prior to providing any direct patient care).
- Bachelor’s prepared RN. In lieu of BSN, RN must have 5 years case management experience and complete a bachelor’s of science in nursing within 2 years of hire date.
- Five (5) years of nursing experience with 2 years critical care or 3 years nursing experience with 2 years case management experience preferred.
- InterQual experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats.
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with proactive decision-making and negotiation skills.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center offers over 80 specialties in our 680 plus bed hospital that serves the Uptown neighborhood of Denver, Colorado. PSL is an affiliate of HealthONE hospitals, the largest healthcare system in metro Denver. Our Women’s Services department is proud to be in the top 5% in the nation for our Labor and Delivery and OB/GYN specialties. Along with our affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, PSL provides the largest neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in the Denver region.
We provide labor and delivery services, award-winning emergency care, vital health screenings such as mammograms, cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedic care, robotic surgery, advanced wound care and hyperbaric treatments, and of course, hospital care. We are proud to serve our community with over 1,000 specialists and experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Case Manager Part Time opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.