DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen’s fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students’ success.
If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we’d love to talk!
Programming & Services
1. Collaborate to organize and/or implement graduation and honor ceremony events, as required.
2. Organize and facilitate new student orientation.
3. Develop and facilitate career information workshops and career fairs to enhance
student/graduate readiness for employment.
4. Collaborate with the nurse sponsor Galen Student Nurse Association and assist GSNA in
planning quarterly programming, as required.
5. Facilitate the Student Advisory Committee.
6. Facilitates the Student Veteran’s Association.
7. Recruits, trains, monitors, and coordinates the Student Ambassador and Peer Mentor programs.
8. Coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments, manages assigned calendars, and
responds to requests for time and rescheduling when necessary. This includes coordination of
on-campus student events and social activities.
9. Documents student participation in campus events and utilization of career services.
Student Retention & Success
1. Serve as the primary student point of contact for the Student Success Department.
2. Refers students in need of services to the appropriate Student Success Department staff.
3. Promote Student Success Department services within the campus.
4. Monitor, document, and report student utilization of department services
5. Participate in campus activities including committee work, and campus events.
6. Collaborate with staff, faculty, and administration to plan extracurricular activities for students
such as honors ceremonies, social activities, and community service projects to foster a sense of
connectedness with fellow students, campus, and community.
7. Maintains documentation of all student interactions in the student information system.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Title IX Services
1. Serve as the campus-level coordinator for internal investigations of ADA related grievances.
2. Collaborate with the 504 Coordinator, campus leadership, and Compliance and Regulatory
Affairs to ensure that attempts to mediate and resolve complaints are made prior to formal
3. Assist the 504 Coordinator and campus leadership to ensure that ADA investigations
and hearings are conducted according to policies and procedures.
4. Cooperate with Compliance and Regulatory Affairs to ensure ADA compliance.
5. Maintain current knowledge of EEOC, equal access, OCR, universal design principles, and
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education, student affairs, social services, counseling, or related
Special Qualifications: Microsoft Office computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft
Excel competencies. Student information system program experience preferred. Excellent oral
and written communication skills. Must present a professional demeanor and appearance.
Must assist in a variety of complex administrative duties involving contact and exposure to
proprietary information. Utilizes independent judgement, determining when to act for
management and when to refer problems for personal attention. Must have dependable
transportation for frequent local travel. Demonstrate dependability and attention to detail.
Membership in a professional career services organization is a plus.
Must be able to sit in front of a computer screen, lift up to 30 pounds, and sit, stand, or walk for
extended periods of time.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master’s degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.