Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Operating Room you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rio Grande Regional Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Rio Grande Regional Hospital!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
· You will have an understanding of aseptic technique and apply the knowledge in assuring maintenance of a sterile field and in assisting in a procedure or prepping a patient for surgery.
· You will demonstrate knowledge of which areas need to be prepped for the different kinds of procedure.
· You will assesses the patient prior to surgery and establishes that the patient understands the procedure being done and that a “timeout” be done prior to any procedure with the rest of the perioperative team.
· You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serve as a resource to the Surgical Services team.
· You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing.
What qualifications you will need:
· Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing is required. BSN is preferred.
· Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in an Operating Room setting is required.
· Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date).
· Current BLS and ACLS Certification are required.
· CNOR is preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen, Texas has been serving the Rio Grande Valley for more than 30 years. Our full service hospital has 320+ beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing 35+ specialties. Rio Grande Regional Hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. Our Emergency Room is a Level III Trauma Center and we have extended our ER services into the Rio Grande Valley with our three remote ERs in McAllen/Mission, Edinburg, and San Juan. Our Women’s Services include L&D and a 30+ bed NICU. We also have an entire children’s hospital within our main facility to care for the children in our community. We work with the Texas Transplant Institute, which serves local patients in need of organ, tissue or stem cell transplants. Our proven track record of serving the medical needs of the Valley communities we serve has led to Rio Grande Regional Hospital being recognized for patient safety and clinical excellence time and time again.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse RN Operating Room opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.