Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As an AVP Support Services Technology with HealthTrust Workforce Solutions you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HealthTrust Workforce Solutions family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic AVP Support Services Technology to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
The AVP is accountable for directing the information and data integrity for all Support Services Information Technology functions of the enterprise. Support services comprises of, but is not limited to, Food and Nutrition Services, Environmental Services, Plant Operations, and Equipment Management. The AVP’s responsibilities include applications development and support, software and solution implementations, infrastructure, equipment procurement, vendor management, and configuration, information security, high availability strategy, and disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
The AVP reviews all support services systems and definition of the strategic direction of those platforms, providing overall leadership, management, and technical direction. Platforms include but not limited to food and environmental services software, plant operations technologies, asset tracking applications and corresponding mobile solutions. In addition, this role is responsible for all integrations related to the support services technologies including but not limited to EMRs, service management applications, and patient experience platforms. The AVP is responsible for providing a leadership role in the day-to-day operations of the Support Services Technology functions as well as providing direction as the Support Services systems organization grows through internal growth and external acquisition. In addition, the AVP will partner with HCA and HealthTrust executive management to oversee governance and help define strategic plans and implement the objectives prioritized by the leadership team as well as advise senior management on labor management technology in support of business goals and objectives.
The AVP works closely with managers and directors, overseeing the development, execution and delivery of the application roadmap, development plans, and system integration plans for HealthTrust support services tools. In addition, this role provides an architectural framework for information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts. The AVP guides the work of the support services applications product owners, evaluates company’s infrastructure systems and implements strategies to meet the application and integrations needs of the HealthTrust support services users while understanding user and process requirements and ensuring those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables. The AVP monitors technological advancements and leverages strategic partnerships – Google as an example - to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements. Finally, the AVP understands the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluates the impact of changes or additions.
• Lead, manage, and coordinate all projects within HealthTrust Support Services System Application Development for HCA and Non-HCA clients.
• Collaborate with HCA divisions and HealthTrust leadership to determine enterprise technology and solutions needs and translate those needs into system requirements and design specifications.
• Evaluates current or emerging tools and technologies and recommends these tools to executive management.
• Ensure department adherence to HealthTrust Support Services strategies, and Application Development methodologies, standards, and guidelines.
• Leads creation and evolution of a technology roadmap that defines current technical architectures, future architectures, and the evolution for transition for future projects
• Lead and enhance the HealthTrust application directors, managers, and product owners in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, quality assurance, test documentation, and system documentation, including user guides and system administration procedures for the solutions and applications.
• Manages vendors who supply and support software and services to ensure quality delivery to HealthTrust and HCA.
• Interfaces with customers– internal and external – and leads technical SMEs for the software supported by this role.
• Facilitates software governance process for supported applications ensuring full visibility to business owners and effective management of effort and capacity
• Operates across organizational and computing "silos" to drive common approaches and to expose information assets and processes across the company
• Develops effective solutions proactively to business processing problems, with emphasis on minimizing the change curve for end users; major system changes are implemented incrementally
• Assist the CIO or HealthTrust in the development and execution of ITG strategies.
• Improves productivity and efficiency; promote continuous improvement.
• Ensures the stability and reputation of the HCA facilities and HealthTrust by complying with all legal, licensure and accreditation requirements
• Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Values Statement”.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for personnel management, ensures performance management, sponsors career development activities, and leads efforts to implement and develop core competencies, processes and disciplines.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
10+ years of relevant work experience required
10+ years of management experience required
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree preferred
• Knowledge of Hospital Support Services systems
• Knowledge of business process improvement, workflows, evaluation of processes, business process modeling and data modeling preferred
• Ability to accomplish IT project assignments, analyzing a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management on aspects of IT system development, operations and solutions.
• Working knowledge of Scrum, Six Sigma, and Lean methodologies.
• Proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment is essential.
• Ability to communicate at a detail level with technical resources to ensure accuracy while also effectively communicating with business executives for critical decision points.
• Ability to manage, organize, and make decisions.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Strong leadership skills, personal drive and ability to see projects through to execution in a matrixed, corporate environment is required.
• Demonstrated success working with and through people in establishing goals, objectives and action plans to produce expected results.
• Demonstrates ability to foster and perform in a team-building environment.
• Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Advanced strategic planning abilities with operational vision.
• Some travel required but generally less than 25%.
• Typical work week hours can vary depending on workload, outages, or project deliverables.
• Requires prolonged sitting and some bending, stooping, and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
• Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our AVP Support Services Technology opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.This position is incentive eligible.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.