Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Centerpoint Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a Registered Nurse in our Cardiac Telemetry Unit.
This is a Weekend Option, 12- hour day shift position.
Centerpoint Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Registered Nurse RN WEO Days Cardiac Specialty. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Cardiac Telemetry nurses assess acute changes in patients. They monitor and analyze the heart rhythm of patients, interpret ECGs, note arrhythmias, and intervene in emergency situations. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
- 36 Bed Cardiac Telemetry Unit
- Wide variety of monitored patients, Chest Pain, Stroke, COPD, Post Ops, GI, Accelerated Heart Rhythm, respiratory, Drips and more! Step down from PCU and Level II Trauma Center.
- Strong leaders to provide career development, career pathing and elevation to more critical care provided!
- Team is a united front. Provide support, guidance and education for each other. Great growth opportunities
- The registered nurse coordinates and provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient.
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with the hospital and departmental policies and procedures, and supports the mission of Centerpoint Medical Center.
- The registered nurse in this department provides care for ages 16 and over, young adult patients 18-39 years, adult patients age 40-64 years, and geriatric patients age 65 and older.
- Patients under the age of 16 will be cared for until stable enough for transfer.
- The registered nurse on the Unit will, in addition to basic preparation, acquire advanced knowledge in the psychosocial, spiritual, pathophysiological, and therapeutic components specific to the care of the patients requiring step-down care and cardiac monitoring.
- Accountable for identification of risks, hazards and mitigation efforts of unsafe practices.
- Graduation from a school of nursing with either a Diploma, ADN or BSN
- Must hold a current RN license from the Missouri State Board of Nursing or Multistate RN license from a participating compact state required
- BLS certification required upon hire
- ACLS certification within 1 year of hire date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Centerpoint Medical Center is a 285+ bed hospital featuring state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our hospital offers some of the latest clinical services available to patients. We remain focused on providing compassionate care and top-notch customer service for our patients. We offer many features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, and wireless internet access. We are a Level II Trauma Center with 24/7 emergency services and an accredited Chest Pain Center. Our Orthopedic Services include Total Joints and Sports Medicine. We are an accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center. We provide Women’s Services, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and a Stroke Center. Our Outpatient Services include a Surgery Center, Advanced Wound Care Center, Pain Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Imaging, and Rehab. We are part of HCA Midwest Health, a network of hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Registered Nurse RN WEO Days Cardiac Specialty opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.