Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU
Medical City Children's Health- Medical City Dallas
Seasonal Pediatric ICU
PRN Nights 7P-7A
Program runs: July 31, 2022 through April 8, 2023
1 year of Pediatric ICU experience
$85 per hour
$8 Night Differential
• Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
• All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period. If the RN commits to a 4 shift per week schedule during the 16 week seasonal period, they are eligible for the higher hourly rate.
• Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
• During the course of the 36 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
• Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2022-2023 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in the previous year.
• Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
The Registered Nurse PICU will:
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 876-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily. You can play a key part in our continued success.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
ADN required, BSN preferred
RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
BLS from AHA or ARC
1 year of PICU experience required
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.