Do you have the career opportunities as a Case Manager RN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Colleton Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Colleton Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Colleton Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Case Manager Registered Nurse for our department who will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high-quality, efficient care. With the use of your unique knowledge, skills and abilities, you will be able to make a significant and positive impact upon patient care.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible for coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management, while developing a safe appropriate discharge plan.
- You will facilitate the progression and transition of care and identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- You will perform a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family, along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to them. You will reassess the patient’s clinical condition as indicated.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate, in partnership with Social Services.
- You will evaluate progression of care using evidence-based tools and approved criteria (InterQual) throughout the episode of care; escalating progression and transition of care issues.
- You will make appropriate referrals to third-party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states.
- You will act as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians, patient / family, hospital staff, and outside agencies. You will serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs and values.
What Qualifications you will need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required. BSN highly preferred.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- 1-3 years of clinical, hospital nursing experience required.
- 2 years of experience in case management or critical care preferred
- Certification in case management or utilization review preferred
- InterQual experience preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Colleton Medical Center provides quality healthcare services, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology for more than 50 years. Our 130+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities and offers a range of services for our patients; these include diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency and surgical services as well as 24/7 Emergency Care for adults and children. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
Located in the heart of Walterboro, Colleton Medical Center has a longstanding history as a leader in the community with a commitment to patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our PRN Case Manager RN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.