This job posting is no longer active.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Director Behavioral Health for our HCA Florida Kendall Hospital team where excellence creates excellence.
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Director Behavioral Health role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Behavioral Health Program Director provides the leadership to effectively grow the Behavioral Health Services by ensuring clinical excellence, operating efficiency and financial strength. This includes leadership in developing a strong Behavioral Health team and partnership with Medical Director and medical staff to ensure the clinical excellence and operational performance of the Behavioral Health Services. The Behavioral Health Program Director is also responsible for designing, developing and implementing a strategic plan to ensure the success of the Behavioral Health Services’ clinical, financial and overall operating performance and successful growth. The Behavioral Health Program Director directs, administers and coordinates the overall operations of the services, including the goals and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer of the Hospital or their designee.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for selection, assessment, evaluation, development, coaching, counseling of Behavioral Health employees to ensure quality patient care in accordance with HCA’s mission, vision and values
- Provide day-to-day leadership within the organization, including advice, guidance, direction and authorization to achieve the clinical and financial goals and objectives of the organization
- Coordinate design, development and implementation of a strategic plan that focuses on clinical excellence, financial performance, and market and business development in conjunction with operational support of Division RVP and Behavioral Health Medical Director
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operations of the Services, including, but not limited to, measures and effectiveness of achieving operational performance as defined in the strategic plan
- Create and maintain proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and systems to meet and exceed the clinical and financial goals of the organization included in the strategic plan
- Oversee the adequacy and soundness of the services’ financial performance, including reviews of operating results, comparing them to established objectives and take steps to ensure appropriate planning is taken to address variances
- Motivate, lead, and mentor a high-performance team; attract, recruit and retain required staff with strong emphasis on employee engagement
- Cultivate positive relationships with and maintain an environment of collaboration and cooperation at all levels of the organization, including the Medical Staff and the Hospital executive team
- Positively and professionally represent the Behavioral Health Services with internal and external customers, other shareholders, and the public to include effective measures that raise community awareness of services offered by the program
- Ensure that all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, Joint Commission standards, the Hospital Compliance Plan and applicable laws governing healthcare operations
- Support the Hospital’s Continuous Quality Improvement Plan and measures effectiveness of that plan to demonstrate clinical excellence; coordinate Behavioral Health Service Division quality initiatives with facility
- Ensure the implementation of Hospital policies and patients’ rights and responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing and implementing a safe working environment that meets all applicable licensure, regulatory, and accreditation requirements
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare management, Behavioral Health, or in related clinical field required
- Master's degree in related clinical field or healthcare related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree Nursing preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of combined experience in Behavioral Health, Healthcare Management, Med/Surg setting or related field of which at least 1 year must be in a direct management role over healthcare professionals and/or leadership role
- Current state licensure in clinical field, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
- Knowledge of healthcare and behavioral health administration management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards
- Compliance with hospital employee health, infection control, and safety management programs
- Adheres to HCA LEADS/Facility Professional Code of Conduct
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the organization at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
Behavioral Health professionals, technicians, service employees
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital is a 447-bed tertiary care and teaching facility which has been serving the healthcare needs of Miami-Dade County for more than 45 years. As a 24/7 acute care facility, our hospital is one of only two Level I Trauma Centers in Miami-Dade County, as verified by the American College of Surgeons. Additionally, our network includes more than 700 affiliated physicians, offering a wide range of medical and surgical specialties.HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled
resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a Director Behavioral Health. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.