Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Medical Technologist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Technologist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
What you will do in this role:
· Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Technologist performs routine, complex or specialized bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological, serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids.
· Requires no supervision for processing specimens, performing testing, or reporting results. No review of patient results is required prior to reporting.
· Demonstrates accuracy for all testing performed.
· Observes patient safety, risk management and infection control policies and procedures
· Performs related quality control and required proficiency testing according to policy and procedure.
· Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
· Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
· Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
· Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
· Other duties as assigned
Education required and/or preferred:
Bachelor Degree in a Chemical, Physical, Biological, or Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science (MT/CLS) from an accredited institution.
Or be qualified under CLIA guidelines for MT/CLS.
PREFERRED: MT or equivalent certification, or be currently eligible to sit for MT or equivalent certification exam preferred.
Experience required or preferred:
PREFERRED: One year clinical laboratory experience or equivalent clinical lab training.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball has provided quality healthcare to Tomball, Magnolia and Northwest Houston communities since 1948. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, our 350+ bed hospital is on a 150-acre campus that features designated specialty centers: The Orthopedic Center, The Women’s Center, the Heart and Vascular Center and the Texas Sports Medicine Center. Our services include a Level III Trauma Center, advanced robotic surgery program with 24/7 service, Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, comprehensive Women's Services and Labor & Delivery unit with Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), orthopedic care including joint replacement, and much more. We are committed to providing quality healthcare while making a difference in our patients’ lives. Through exceptional technology and specialized medical staff, area residents receive a full range of medical services, close to home. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.