Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Radiology Technician with Del Sol Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Del Sol Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Del Sol Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Radiology Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs Radiology Services procedures at a technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures required.
Recognizes the purpose employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Technologist. Performs examinations on patients of various ages from pediatric to geriatric.
- Selects and operates equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects and loads proper film cassettes, using film markers correctly and consistently, develops film as required.
- Transfers and properly positions patients for examinations in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician specifications. Provides immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Assist physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering opaque media, holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include: inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to sending images to radiologist for interpretation.
- Receives verbal orders for examinations from a responsible practitioner in keeping with the state license.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required.
- Must have been either “Grandfathered” by the state of Texas or passed with a certificate from a Radiology program accredited by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists, American Society of Registered Technologists, and American College of Radiologist required.
- Texas Department of Health MRT certification required.
- Current BCLS certification required.
- ARRT registered required or registry eligible
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques required.
- Knowledge of radiographic physics, knowledge of medical terminology required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes basic English, with the basic skills necessary to interpret physician’s orders.
- Ability to lift in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from other staff.
- Knowledge of department, hospital and universal infection control policies.
- Must have effective communication and listening skills.
- Must attend all department/hospital-mandated classes such as infection control, fire, safety, etc, in a twelve-month period.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Radiology Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.