Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) PRN West ED RN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Wesley Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Wesley Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Wesley Medical Center!
Our nurses are FAMILY! Work as a Registered Nurse in our Emergency Department and become part of our group of healthcare professionals who are dedicated to caring for others like family. Raise the bar on patient experience and care and join the HCA HealthONE Wesley team, where you can make a difference every day.
What you will do in this role:
· You will be responsible for delivering patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
· You will be responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for the department specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by our hospital and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act.
· You will be collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes.
· You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements.
· You will contribute to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others
· You will be collaborating with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care.
· You will consider safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care.
· You will be participating in the improvement of operational functions of the department.
· You will be utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenarios.
· You will secure, administer, and handle medication according to established guidelines
What qualifications you will need for this role:
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· Current licensure in the State of Kansas a Registered Nurse, or current active multi-state Registered Nurse license
· Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association
· ACLS, required
· PALS, required
· TNCC, preferred
· Previous RN experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For more than 100 years, Wesley Healthcare has provided exceptional care to thousands of families in Wichita and throughout Kansas and Northern Oklahoma. Wesley Medical Center is a member of the Wesley Healthcare network within Greater Wichita and has been an HCA Healthcare hospital since 1985.
Our physicians treat more than 24,000 patients annually, making Wesley Medical Center the most preferred hospital in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Additionally, our obstetricians and childbirth staff deliver more than 6,000 babies each year, more than any hospital in a 13-state region.
Home to Wesley Children's Hospital, the region's first and Wichita's only children's hospital, we care for children in a unique space designed specially for kids and their families. And as a Level I Trauma Center and the only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in Kansas, we are prepared to treat any medical emergency, any time of day.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our PRN West ED RN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.