This job posting is no longer active.
Together, we’re making a difference.
At Medical City Dallas, you can be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.
Medical Surgical Unit Licensed Vocational Nurse – PRN
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, physician assistant or physician, the Med Surg LVN performs directed practice within the scope as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Utilize a systematic approach to provide basic individualized, goal directed and age specific care
• Collect data and perform focused nursing assessments
• Participate in the planning and modifying of nursing care needs for patients
• Implement appropriate aspects of care within the LVN scope of practice
• Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
6 South is a fast-paced 23-bed acute medical/surgical unit. You will provide care to a diverse adult patient population, including ortho, diabetic, bowel, NG tubes, wounds, and simple surgeries.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career, and retirement including:
• A supportive and collaborative work environment
• Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
• Generous tuition assistance, student loan repayment and clinical certification support
• A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
• 401K and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
Medical City Dallas is a full-service, Magnet-designated 899-bed hospital recognized for its leading-edge medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include and advanced surgery (including transplant and robotic), bariatric/metabolic care, cardiovascular care, complete women's and children's services (including a Level IV NICU and Level I PICU), oncology (including transplant and cellular therapy), orthopedics, neurology and wound care.
What you need to be successful:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Vocational Nursing
• Texas LVN license
• Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
• At least one (1) year LVN experience in an acute care hospital preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.