Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Social Worker MSW PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Social Worker MSW PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Social Worker will evaluate the psychosocial needs of patients and family support
systems and will coordinate appropriate discharge plans for patients on the rehab unit. The Social Worker acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization. He/she will facilitate implementing timely discharge plans and facilitate follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. The Social Worker will provide crisis intervention and support. The Social Worker will assist the Rehab Team in facilitating patient movement across the continuum of care and will identify and track barriers to patient throughput.
All patients admitted to the hospital, emergency room, or outpatient areas and their families and/or caregivers.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial needs of assigned patients; Involves patient, family/responsible/significant others, develops, implements, monitors and revises plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
- Assesses patients discharge needs and facilitates the provision of services necessary to meet identified needs; performs home health referrals, intermediate care and skilled nursing facility referrals, assist patients with medication acquisition, facilitates follow up appointments, arranges public transportation, etc.
- Evaluates suspected abuse and neglect referrals; makes official reports to state and regulatory or legal agencies as required by statue or facility policy
- Develops an individual plan of care for recurring patients to include education related to accessing healthcare services at the appropriate level of care; preventative education, and community based resources, provides assistance with access to medication assistance programs
- Provides education to the under-resourced patient/family of potential and available resources; identifies needs, coordinates the development of realistic plans which include patient/family centered goals, facilitates implementing plan, and performs follow-up evaluation
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, develops, implements, evaluates, revises as needed, a discharge plan to include identified psychosocial and discharge needs
- Documents professional recommendations, care coordination interventions and case management activities to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team
- Participates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure psychosocial and discharge needs are addressed; plan, interventions and patient/family/MD concurrence will be documented
- Acts as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians, patient / family, hospital staff, and outside agencies
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives; monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives as it relates to the provision of Case Management Services
- Makes appropriate referrals, after collaboration with the Case Manager, to third party payer disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states
- Facilitates patient throughput with an ongoing focus on quality outcomes and an efficient transition between levels of care
- Tracks and trends barriers to care; makes recommendations and develops action plans to improve processes and systems
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families through crises intervention
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered
- Acts as an advocate for identified needs and makes appropriate referrals; abuse and neglect, substance abuse/overdose, homelessness, post-partum patients < 17 years of age, fetal demise, mother-baby bonding, adoptions, guardianship, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between the facility and community resources to enhance community outreach coordination; establishes and maintains resource database, educates peers and patients on resources, performs community outreach as directed
- Tracks and trends variances barriers related to access to care; makes recommendations and Develops7 action plans to improve processes and systems
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standard of care; escalates issues through the Chain of Command
Minimum requirement-Bachelor of Social Work with current state licensure (LBSW);
Preferred Master of Social Work with current state licensure (LMSW);
or Masters of Social Work with Clinical Counseling (LCSW)
3 years social work experience; acute care social work or case management experience preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Certification in Social Work or Case Management, preferred. Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships. Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats. Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision making and negotiation skills. Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified.
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcareis the leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region. Our physicians, nurses and staff arecommitted to keeping our community healthy. We deliver thehighest quality patient careavailable. Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare provides full-service acute care hospitals. Those hospitals offer comprehensive medical services in most every specialty.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Social Worker MSW PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.