Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Speech Language Path PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Del Sol Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Speech Language Path PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
To evaluate patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, hearing and oral motor disorders, cognition, and dysphagia.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiac/cardiovascular, neuro, pulmonary, oncology, GI conditions and diseases, developmental delays, CVA/TIA, dysphagia, dysphonia, and related disorders.
- Performs Assessments and Re-assessments: Assessment of patient is completed according to unit policy and professional standards of care. Collects appropriate and accurate subjective and objective data. Performs an accurate evaluation appropriate to the specific patient case scenario---according to current standards of clinical practice. Formulates appropriate assessment/re-assessments, treatment, plan of care, and goals, which are individualized to the specific patient. Re-assesses patient per dept policy; takes appropriate action based on re-assessment. Potential discharge needs are identified and documented.
- Treats Patients: Selects and applies appropriate speech therapy techniques, procedures, exercises and therapeutic modalities based on current standards of clinical practice. Selects and utilizes rehab equipment in a safe and effective manner. Modifies the treatment program when indicated, in order to maximize patient progress.
- Documentation: Completes documentation on the same day that treatment was rendered. Documents on all appropriate forms. Documentation is accurate and meets generally accepted professional standards.
- Supervision: Appropriately directs the activities of technicians, students and volunteers.
- Interdisciplinary Interactions: Communicates and collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding: patient status, discharge plans, equipment needs, and recommendations.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service plus principles and behaviors consistent with Del Sol Medical Center vision and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency OR Clinical Fellowship Year by the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology
- MS/MA in Speech Pathology
- Preferred 1-2 years’ experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and experience with the evaluation of patients with speech, language or dysphagia disorders especially with a geriatric emphasis.
- Knowledge of speech therapy principles and practices; oral and pharyngeal.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the muscular and nervous systems and general anatomy and physiology. Knowledge of disease and post-surgery conditions which inhibit speech, language and swallowing functions.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Successful completion of transfer training.
- Ability to deal with handicapped persons and to motivate them to comply with a therapy program required for recovery.
- Ability to visualize the anatomical structure of the brain, oral, pharyngeal and respiratory system and to take appropriate remedial action.
- Ability to form conclusions reflecting patient’s progress based on sensory, judgmental, measurable and verifiable criteria, indicated by their reaction to therapy activities.
- Skill in the operation of different modalities within the department.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Language Path PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status